The Islamic community area http://www.medzlis.com/ coincides with the territory of the municipality itself. The Islamic community of Gračanica belongs to the Muftiluk* of Tuzla, a congregation of 33 mosques, out of which 5 are located in the town of Gracanica. The largest mosques in the Gračanica are the Mosque of Ahmed Pasha (also called the White Mosque or the Old Town Mosque), one of the oldest in the area, and the Mejdan Džedid Mosque, recently built on the foundations of an earlier constructed facility.
*With the consolidation of Islam and new rule came the establishment of muftiluks in the 16th century Ottoman Bosnia, each muftiluk being headed by a mufti. The function of the muftis was to interpret the Shari’a, a function for which broader knowledge of the Sacred Texts was required.
The Catholic community in Gračanica, from its founding to the present, has belonged to the Catholic parish in Doboj. A catholic chapel in the center of Gračanica was built in 1922. It is still active today.
In the second half of the 19th century, the church-school district of Gračanica was covering a large number of Ozrenskih and Trebava villages within the Zvornik eparchy, and it was the central eparchy to which a wider Orthodox area of Gračanica has gravitated until recent times. The Orthodox Church in the center of Gračanica was built in 1926. It is still active.
The first Jews settled in Gračanica near the end of the Ottoman rule. In the next few decades, there were hundreds of Jewish people in the area. In the late nineteenth century, a synagogue was built in the town and a Jewish cemetery established. In the period between the two world wars, the Jewish community becomes weaker due to emigration, while a great majority of the remaining Jews was also killed in the Holocaust. The only evidence of Jewish presence in Gračanica Jews is a well preserved Jewish cemetery.